London Times

London Times

Monday, September 27, 2010

Bath Time!

I have successfully completed two loops running in the city - it is a great accomplishment with all streets around here, I'm finally learning my way around!

Last Friday we journeyed to Bath where we experienced the Roman Baths. Well we didn't actually get to experience them by going in them, we just got to look. But it was amazing and most of the stone we were walking on was walked on by the Romans. It is so incredible that hot springs continue to flow and that this one was found out by a few humans who were able to create an entirely gorgeous city around. The inventions and tools that the Romans created are very interesting to see. It would have been nice to actually take a bath - sit in the water like a hot tub - but you are definitely not allowed to do that. They tell you not to even touch the water because it is unsafe or something, but of course I couldn't resist...I was only following the actions of an older man who also giggled at the no touching the water sign after he'd already dipped his fingers into it. It was amazing to see the steam rolling off the water and how it was hotter at the side closer to the spring.

The rest of the weekend was relaxing but fun. I saw two shows, Tiny Kushner and Laramie Project. Both were great playwrights and had very intimate theaters. Laramie Project is a heart-wrenching play and of course we saw it on my birthday! But I am definitely okay with that choice since I am interested in social an political justice issues. And looking at an issue from a Theater perspective, as we do in class, broadens my knowledge and thinking abilities even further.

Less than 2 weeks until the LSAT so hopefully I will be studying and not exploring and experiencing the country as much as I would like to be. Once its done its done! So good luck to me and I will have my head in a book until further notice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment