London Times

London Times

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Running in the city

Today has finally been a day mostly to myself. British politics was my first class at 2pm today so the morning and the night were free to fill with my imagination or my plans since I was still busy the whole day. Starting out at 8am I woke up and did an LSAT practice test. I’m very hesitant about the test, realizing trying to study for a major test that may affect the rest of my life is not the best idea when I am in a brand new country where there is so much to see. But I am still trying and I will take the test, if I don’t end up using the score at least I have the experience. After studying for 4 hours I needed to clear my head so I went for a run. My second day going on a run and it felt great; I mean, besides running in the heart of the city and filling my lungs with fumes, my endorphins filled my body and cleared my head. Throughout the day cars and taxis and buses are roaming the streets at unbelievable speeds, at least to someone from the US. While they have speed limits apparently no one follows them and cars zoom everywhere. Not to mention pedestrians do not have the right away anywhere, except one in about 30 intersections that are separately marked by yellow ball light posts. Good news – I haven’t been hit, although I think a few times have been very close!

No comments:

Post a Comment