London Times

London Times

Sunday, October 17, 2010

So its been awhile

As you may have noticed I haven't blogged in awhile...well this is due to a busy part of my semester. Even though a semester abroad is basically a vacation with some studying for most people, I've loaded plenty into mine that makes it not so easy. I took my LSAT last Saturday and was busily studying for that and preparing as much as possible, so I'm hoping for some success. A few more weeks and I'll know my score, whether that will determine my future I haven't decided. Continuing school after graduation is something I desperately want to accomplish but immediately after graduation, I'm not so sure.

So studying for the LSAT took up a lot of my time thus far but also I chose to conduct an independent study with a professor back at school. I've chosen my own books and have been researching the White Supremacist Movement for this study. We talk about it all the time in class at SMU that our generation is so accustomed to the word and action of help that students basically cannot function without help. Well this independent study is doing more than allowing me to research my own topic, it shows that the previous point is correct. It is difficult for me to not have assignments to complete and basically make up my own schedule. However, it will be rewarding in the end to see my achievements.

Enough boring talk just had to vent a little and give a few excuses for not writing. But on the other had I have also had some fun adventures the past few weeks that you might like to hear about. The day before I took my LSAT I went to the park to relax and take pictures, trying to capture a day of fall in London, which I may have been succesful at because it is so gorgeous here. There is a lack of color that I'm used to back at home, but all in all it is still fall. So I decided to sit under a tree and read over a few of my notes for my test just to review, no hard studying, and I just picked a random spot in the grass - or weeds whatever, it was soft brown weeds. Everyone just sits whereever amongst the trails and because there is so much space you are never near another person. I did try and stay away from the "sickening/ cutesy" couples that are enjoying their significant others laying the grass, for both disturbing and jealous reasons. Anyway so just studying away and enjoying the sun on my back when a bird decides to shit on my book! Are you kidding me!!! At first I felt it on my head and thought I was going to have to leave, but in the end it was on my book only, DISGUSTING! So I moved, why I'm not sure because what are the chances that another bird will poo on my stuff again, more likely a bird would poo on my stuff wherever I move to, but I moved. Laughing at myself I tried to regroup and look at my notes again. That is probably the only day before a major test that I will never forget.

Then it was on to the test, which I don't need to write about, it was hard and the longest test I've ever taken. But then Sunday came, and while everyone else had rehearsal I had to take my mac to the apple store. So on an adventure I went hoping to get my computer fixed. I didn't, the genius bar is not as genius here as in the states. So with a bit of disappointment I ventured on to find an external hard drive. Walking through all of downtown London enjoying the beautiful day it was I came across about 20 people gathered in front of London radio in Leister Square. I was curious figuring some european pop star was there and some of their fans wanted autographs, but I stood around for a bit just observing. And then I asked a man who everyone was waiting for and he said, the rumor is Usher! I was a little shocked and a jolt of excitment ran through me. So I kept inching closer and closer, no one stopped me and there weren't that many people there, so I got out my camera, the one my mom told me not to bring because who needs two cameras?? ME for when USHER is in London and my other camera is dead!!! I thought I was going to have to wait for a long time, turns out it was about ten minutes and his driver turned on the car that was waiting for him and five minutes later out comes Usher! I kept zooming to take pictures when I finally realized that he was a foot from me and I reached out and touched him! Also snapping a super picture of him!! He was kindly giving out autographs but I was too frazzled to try and find a pen and something for him to sign, but luckily for me a picture and a memory is enough. Seeing an American pop star in London, never would have guessed I would have that experience!

No offense to Usher but it took me about 5 hours to tell someone because I forgot and then probably another day before facebook knew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment